Monday, January 2, 2012

1631 Blue Jays cards on the blog, 1631 Blue Jays cards for me

Good Monday to you all, hope that you are enjoying the end of your long weekend (if you are indeed off of work today). 

I spent the better part of this morning and early afternoon finally getting the Jays cards that I had in waiting cataloged.   I likely will be seeing Blue Jays logos in my sleep tonight.

By the way, if you sing the title of the post like "99 bottles of beer on the wall", it makes a little more sense.  (another poor attempt at humor, first one of 2012 for me!)

Yesterday, I showed you the card of the year for me.  Today, I will show off the Blue Jays card of the year for 2011.































Bowman Platinum, Auto/Bat card of J.P. Arencibia, numbered 66/99.   I love this card, and was very excited to have it come to my collection. 

I also, as many other bloggers have, some goals for the year as far as collecting goes.  Here they are, in no particular order.

1. Double the amount of Blue Jays autos/relics 

The number currently stands at 15, I am shooting for 30 by years end.  A modest goal considering the number that are out there, but there are not really a lot of people beating down my door offering Jays relics/autos as well. 

2. Increase the number of sets completed to 25. 

For me, this is an aggressive goal, because among the 16 sets I wish to complete to attain the 25, is 1977 Topps which with some moderately priced RCs such as Andre Dawson will be a bit of a task to complete. 

3.  Increase the number of Blue Jays cards in my collection to 3500.

With the big push I had at the end of the year this year, this is within reach, especially with the plethora of 2012 sets to hit the market.  Plus, with the amount of multi colored parallels from the past few seasons out there, this should also help the task as well.

4.  Ship 100 envelopes/bubble mailers.

A weird goal for sure, but something I would really like to accomplish, because I know if I'm shipping this many packages out, I'm keeping active on the trade market, which keeps me off the streets.

5. Hit 500 posts by the end of the year. 

Provided I don't go brain dead (yeah, too late I know), I believe I should be able to attain this goal. 

6.  Attend the National 

This has been a goal since I hit the Expo in Southern Ontario in November.  I've already told my wife to plan on visiting her sister in Virginia that weekend.  Hopefully this pans out.

7. Meet one other blogger. 

Yes, this is a scary and weird one for a lot of you out there.  But for me, I am a people person.  I think it would be fantastic to meet one blogger, I don't care if its for 20 minutes, or an afternoon at a ball game.  The only true interaction I have right now with anyone that has cards are dealers....meh.  Get me to someone who loves collecting enough to blog about it, and I'd be extremely happy.


I'm sure that I'll come up with other goals before too long, but these are the seven that I'd like to see come to light.

Thanks for reading, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment