Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 Trade post #1: Thoughts and Sox

Good Friday afternoon to you all, hope that you are ready for a great weekend!

I received my first trade envelope of the new year, it was from Adam over at Thoughts and Sox.  Adam had seen a couple of cards on the insanity blog that fit into his Red Sox collection, and I had a handful of other Red Sox cards that he needed as well.

In return, he stoked the fires of the insanity set for me:



The response I've received since I started this project over 2 months ago has been fabulous.

The first card I pull out of the envelope is a Red Sox card from a Red Sox collector.  This has been another part of building this set that has been special for me.  Bloggers have been sending me cards towards the insanity of their favorite team.

Bloggers coming out of nowhere and emailing me saying "hey, I can help you with this set".  Reinforces my belief that bloggers are the best collectors.


















One of these years I'm going to have to buy some Finest packs.  I can honestly say I've never purchased a pack of Topps Finest, yet each card I've been sent has really impressed me.









Another pair of cards from a product that I've never purchased.  These are from the '08 Opening Day set, the Gold parallels numbered out of 2199.


Great stuff Adam, thank you very much for the trade!!!

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. I got my cards the other day also. Thanks for the trade.

    ReplyDelete