Sunday, January 8, 2012

Monthly card show part 2

Good Sunday to you all, hope that you're enjoying your weekend so far! 

As promised, this is the post regarding the 2nd table that I visited yesterday at the monthly card show.

I hit this table whenever I get there because he always has dollar boxes, quarter boxes, and even a nickel box!

Of course, me being in a rush to get out of the house, forgot to bring the insanity list with me.  Luckily, my purchases didn't hit any of the cards I already had.



Lots of chrome shiny serial numbered parallels to add to the ever growing insanity set.  I'm especially growing fond of the 2008 Heritage Chrome cards, I like the different colors and how they look, especially the chrome versions.
These next 4 cards I actually found in the nickel box.




Not sure why they were in there, but thank you very much!!
Finally, this table also has a $4 box, usually filled with football/basketball jerseys and autos.  I decided to take a look, usually I don't find anything in there that suits my fancy, but today was my lucky day!!




I am so hoping that Kyle Drabek turns it around this year and becomes the no.2 starter that the Jays need to back up Ricky Ro.  This Topps 60 autograph was the 3rd card in, and needless to say it jumped out of the box very quickly.

I'm beginning to wonder if my goal of 30 Blue Jays relics/autos was too low, simply because I've already added 2 to the collection this week, and I only needed to add 15 for the year to hit 30.  I doubt I'll be lucky like I have been so far this week all year, but we shall see.

I also hit Wal-Mart on the way home, and grabbed a 72 count box of Topps Update on a lark.  I should have shot the lark...lol





Outside of the DiMaggio Topps 60 and the Villanueva diamond to add to my Jays collection, I really didn't get anything good to write home about here.   I do have a diamond giveaway code if anyone is looking for one, I don't think I'm going to go after 12 more to get to 45.  Leave a comment if you are interested please.


As always, thank you for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. I hate to keep robbing you of insanity cards, but if you're willing to give up the black Odalis Perez refractor, I'd love it.

    ReplyDelete