Thursday, May 21, 2020

Attack Mode

Apparently attack mode is what I'm in right now, as I've done nothing but focus on my set building the past few weeks.

Even my big box weakness, Target, has been out of my radar the past 2 weeks.   Maybe working from home has some advantages, as the only place I've gone in my car is to the grocery store.  Saved a lot of money during the week too, as I've not had to stop on the way to work to grab something to eat (a bad vice) or fill the car with gas, which I would have had to do twice so far this month.

That money has been put to cardboard pursuits, including a small order from a couple of sellers on Sportlots this week.

This small 4 card purchase is from seller 1stGOAL1, who helped me knock down my want list for 2013-14 OPC hockey.


Interesting little side bit, my wife comes in and asks me while I'm writing this post what I received today.  I show her the 4 cards and her first comment is "I've never heard of any of them".  The next couple of minutes we have a brief discussion how card companies can produce a card of a player as long as he's played at least one game in the NHL, and how David Ayres (EBUG for the Hurricanes this year) will likely have a popular RC in next year's OPC set.

I decided after that discussion to look up how many games each of these 4 played in the league.

Damien Brunner 132 games
Nicklas Jensen 31 games
Victor Bartley 121 games
Sean Collins 31 games

More than I thought, especially for Brunner and Bartley, but still nothing really earth shattering career wise.  All 4 have been out of the NHL for better than 4 years.

This set is down to 24 cards on the want list, with a few more on their way from another Sportlots seller.

It appears that the virus has changed my card collecting focus, probably for the good as I can honestly say I've never been this focused on putting sets to bed in all the time that I've been a blogger.

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. Have to admit the only name of the four I knew was Brunner. I thought he was fun to watch with the Wings. Too bad it didn't really work out for him here.

    ReplyDelete