Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Curiosity gets the better of me: Raiding the Stash 2013 Prestige Football

Really don't have much coming in these days what with trading all but dried up the past month on TCDB (at least for me), therefore I decided to go another route for a post.

So, I decided to go through my pack stash and come up with something to open, and write about.  I came across this as I went through the tub; it was something that I found in one of those football repacks that had several older packs in it at Target.


A pack of 2013 Panini Prestige football, which piqued my curiosity when I pulled it out of the stash and it seemed kind of thick for pack that only contained 8 cards.

The best part about this is, I qualify to open the pack as I am aged 9+!!

I have no idea what to expect in this pack, as I'm writing this first part before I've even opened it up.  Off to TCDB we go, and see that it's a 301 card set, and there's a couple of big names I see in the RC list like Le'Veon Bell and Zach Ertz.  Interesting that Panini numbered their RC's in alphabetical order by first name; for example Le'Veon Bell is #255, Logan Ryan is #256 and so on.

Let's open it up and see how we do....


# 74--Randall Cobb.  Not a bad name to start off, he's one of Dak Prescott's weapons down in Big D now.


#17--Dennis Pitta.  I do remember Dennis, pretty good pass catching TE.


#59--Demaryius Thomas.  Liking this pack so far, all receivers, my favorite position.


#245--Joseph Randle.  Didn't remember him, so I looked him up on FB Reference, he lasted just 3 seasons in the NFL (2013-15), 822 total yards and 9 TD's.  Maybe there's a Cowboys fan out there who might want the card for his collection.


#214--Christine Michael, Extra Points Red parallel.  Love how this scanned!  Hadn't heard of this fellow also, so back to FB Reference.  Played in 5 seasons between 2013-18 for the Seahawks, Packers, Colts and Cowboys.  1089 total yards and 7 TDs during that time.

Oh, and before that card, there was the thick as a brick card blank in there, which explained the pack thickness.   BOO


#171--Michael Crabtree.  Back to the receivers portion of this pack, and a pretty good one.  Maybe hit the end of the road last year after appearing in only 2 games for the Cardinals before getting cut.


#114--Danny Amendola.  The WR's just keep on coming, and Danny had another 60+ catch season last year with the Lions.  I always thought of him having more yards receiving, but 678 last year was his 2nd highest in a season during his career.   Surprised me...


#156--Heath Miller.  HEATH!!  Boy did they love him in Pittsburgh, and when I followed the Steelers I really loved watching him run over defenders after the catch.  For a big man who was very physical, he was also quite durable, never missing more than 2 games in a season during his 11 year career.  Hard to believe he's already been out of football for 5 years.

For me, a fun pack.  I love the WR/TE position, and getting a pack full of base cards for those positions works.  The design was really nothing special for me, as Prestige never is in my opinion.  But it's the hunt for the RC's in this product that's the fun.

Maybe another stash grab in the works soon....

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Voting for Demaryius.

    It's not a great design, but I've seen plenty that are worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! I wish I had a tub of packs! Can you do a future post on the tub? I'd love to see a picture of it.

    ReplyDelete