Thursday, May 14, 2020

Royals for Royals (and a Yankee and a Mariner)

Knocked off a few more wants with a recent trade with Matthew (TCDB ID: jmswyo), and outside of a pair of player collection cards, nothing but KC Royals went in the mail.  I'm sure if John Olerud or Andrew McCutchen had played for the Royals, I'm sure those cards would have went in my direction as well!

This trade was so easy, I decided to limit it to just one scan.


Right in the middle of the scan, a bit of 2017 A&G help   The Cain is a SP, and I now have 26 out of the 50 short prints from the set, and that's with 145 total cards left on that want list.

Bat rack card aficionados I'm sure have the Bob Oliver card from 1970 Topps in their collections. If they don't, or worse if they weren't aware of it, it may have become part of an updated want list.  The Steve Busby card for '78 Topps drops that want list to 50 cards, as I received a couple of star cards from that set today from a recent eBay purchase, which you'll see in the next few days.

Any cards that help out player collections are always welcome, and I believe that the McCutchen card you see above is the first one that I own that features him in pinstripes.  I don't know what to make of the Olerud in the Topps 205 design from 2003; I think the design is OK but it doesn't really wow me.  I actually like it better looking at it in hand than on the scan.

Still, it's a half dozen cards from a great trade partner, thank you very much Matthew they are appreciated!  Look forward to our next trade.

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Voting for Bob Oliver. First Royal to hit a grand slam. Teammate of Nolan Ryan and then his son was a teammate of Nolan Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed the McCutchen today too! Nice one.

    ReplyDelete