Saturday, May 9, 2020

A 3rd color TV

It's been nearly a week since I've sat down and tried to write anything about cards.  Working from home started for me this week, and I thought that saving that 45 minute commute each way daily would give me more time to try and at least keep my collection up to date (neat) and more posts written for the blog.

It's been the exact opposite.  Working 8 hours a day on the computer at home has made me not want to look at a computer, let alone my cards, when my shift is done.  I'll have to figure something out.

Meanwhile, I did make a purchase last week off of eBay, and showed off one of the cards today on Twitter, my 3rd color TV.


It's a '55 Bowman if you prefer.  You can see my first one on this post from just over 7 years ago.  As you can easily see, this Bobby Thomson card has a healthy crease right down the center of the card, and yes you can nearly bend it in half.

I call it character, and as I slowly acquire more cards from this set over time, I'll probably look for cards with character like this one as well.

The price tag of just under $2 doesn't hurt as well....

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. I've gone through a few different phases while working at home... and one of them was not wanting to look at cards. Right now I'm enjoying cards... but not the sorting aspect. I'm sure what you're going through is just a phase. It's good that you're at staying in touch with the hobby through purchases. That 55B Thompson for under $2 is a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this one currently sitting in a scan folder myself, great card of a pretty good player!

    ReplyDelete