Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Out of the blue--north of the border

On the same day that I received cards from the Night Owl, I also received a pair of PWE's from fellow blogger and TCDB user Joseph.   "Crazie Joe" runs the Crazie Joe's Card Corner blog, and does a good job of posting every day, even after 4 + years on the blogging roll call.  Joe's envelopes hit my hockey wants perfectly, as they always do.


First up is the outliers.  4 cards that didn't match the other 19.  The Joe Sakic card is from 2002-03 UD Vintage, and as I always do, I check the set want list to see if it was needed there.  Nope.  In the Sakic PC it goes.  

Claude Giroux is a SP from the 18-19 set, which is doing quite well as I only need 93 cards to finish.  58 of them are SPs, so it will be a bit of a chore, but it'll get done eventually.

Finally, I was very surprised to see a couple of 81-82 OPC's come out of one of the envelopes.  Love the photo on the Bobby Clarke card, a little nick above the right eye shows the warrior that he was during his career.  One day I'll start to work seriously on this set; I currently just have 11 cards from this release.




The remainder of the cards were from the 07-08 OPC set, something that I've had on the go since it was released 13 years ago.   Still need a lot of cards to finish this set, over 200 to give you an idea of how I've procrastinated in putting this together.  I have a weak spot for the modern OPC sets, even though they do the same thing as Topps Heritage and release the last 100 cards in the set as SPs.

These cards were most welcome, and a total surprise for sure.  Thank you very much Joseph, they are much appreciated!!

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Ha. I knew the CLarke would get my vote as soon as I saw it.

    - All-Time Great
    - Flyer
    - Decent Photo
    - French Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad they were well received - and not too bad on timing getting there, considering mail these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost forgot that Pronger was a Duck. I wasn't a fan of him landing in Anaheim.

    ReplyDelete