Saturday, May 30, 2020

Serial Saturday #37: More cheap cards

Somehow in the midst of all the craziness that's going on with the post office now, I was able to receive my latest bubble mailer of cards from Joe, whom I know as @cheapcardsales on Twitter.  The moniker is perfect for my type of buying, as Joe usually has some very good deals on cards, and his shipping rates are also very reasonable.

The 4 cards in this envelope that fit the Saturday theme are all #'d out of 99, bringing that mini collection up to 57 cards.


All 4 cards this week are color themed, starting with this bright purple Prizm from 2014 that features Derek Holland of the Texas Rangers.  Serial #'d 47/99 on the back and like anything Prizm related, the purple really scans well and looks good in hand.


Big Mac!  Haven't seen many parallels featuring Mark McGwire for cheap, and grabbing this green one from 2019 Topps Tribute was a no brainer for me.  Yes, I'm still keeping to the $2.50 max price for these cards.


This is the orange parallel from the 2019 Panini Rookies & Stars set featuring the Chargers Keenan Allen.  The scan really looks more red than orange but it still fits the bill, serial #'d 70/99.   I like the photo, as it appears that there's a couple of Ravens well behind Keenan.  Couldn't happen to a better team!


Another orange parallel, and what I believe is the first insert as part of the #'d/99 collection, Julio Jones is a star that I couldn't resist having in hand.  2nd straight card from the 2019 Panini Rookies and Stars set, the Rookies & Stars logo is the only part that is orange, and again scanned red.

I think I'm going to try and see if I can collect all the serial #'s 1 through 99 in this collection, a small homage to the Serial Numbered Insanity set I finished a few years back.  Why not?  What's another project added to all the others I have going.

Thank you for the cards Joe, I appreciate what you're doing in offering these up for cheap.

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Wow, yeah great deal on the McGwire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Holland looks pink on my screen, but it looks nice.

    Voting for the Keenan Allen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The McGwire is nice! His cards have seen a bit of a bump too.

    ReplyDelete