Monday, May 18, 2020

Tubthumping

Sometimes the inspiration for a post comes from a comment on the blog.   Take a couple of quick pictures and voila!  Post is born.   Thank you to everyone's favorite Lost Collector AJ, I took to heart his comment on my raiding the stash post from this past Wednesday and decided to write a bit about "the tub".  It's just a plastic tub that I bought at Target several months ago for about 3 bucks, largely because my pack stash had been beginning to grow and I wanted somewhere a little larger to store the packs.


So there's the width of the tub, enough for 2 packs, and as you can see there's plenty of jumbo packs in there.  Why would I limit the pack size to just 8 or 10 cards?  Go big or stay home!


It holds about 5 packs across so there's plenty of room for all sorts of different packs.  I usually keep the tub at the bottom of my bookshelf for easy access for days like last Wednesday when I really wanted something to tear open.


Lots of fun inside, as you can see, as I don't limit myself to one or two sports.  There is even a Hoops Jumbo pack down below, along with 75 other packs inside.  Upper Deck Hockey, 3 different years of A&G, some Heritage, Opening Day, MVP hockey, Gallery baseball, Donruss Football, all kinds of fun just waiting to be had.

The original thought on this came about when I saw a few other bloggers over the years mention having pack stashes.  I've also seen some pretty good displays on twitter as well (a few featuring peg boards!), and thought with hurricanes potentially taking a day or 2 to subside here in the south, that a stash would be just the thing.

It kind of grew from there....

I've kind of slowed down adding to it recently, as I push towards finishing the sets I'm working on by buying singles.  Maybe as the pandemic begins to ease its hold on the world and new sets start to trickle onto shelves I'll get the bug again to buy more packs.  For now, fun is always at hand if needed.

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert

5 comments:

  1. Great looking tub! I have one myself. The thing is, a lot of the sealed packs I’ve been holding onto for a few years have really skyrocketed in value. I’ve sold some to finance my PC. An unintended yet pleasant side affect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thanks for showing it off. I don't have the kind of self-control to have a stash like that, but I'm very envious of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one unopened pack in the house. The only reason it remains unopened is because it's hidden under a bunch of stuff on a shelf so I forget about it.

    That's the only way a pack stays unopened in this house. A tub out in the open? No chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you imagine if Fairfield sold a tub of unopened packs like this? Now that's a repack I could get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's no way I could maintain such a tub in my office. Looking at it everyday would just irritate that itch to open them a wee bit more each day I look at them. Hope you have fun when (if?) you finally do get around to opening them.

    ReplyDelete