Thursday, June 25, 2020

Let's Face it, there's a race to the finish line

In my extreme haste to get last night's post onto the blogosphere, I forgot to title it.  I've done that once or twice before, but usually catch the mistake before I actually hit publish.  Not yesterday, so my clumsiness was out there for the whole world to see for about 24 hours.

I'd love it if blogger actually gave you an error message, sort of like sending an email with no subject line.  Something like, hey dumbass you forgot the title, are you sure you want to publish this mess?  

Ok, fun over.  Kind of continuing last nights theme and making a quick post about another of my 10 sets that is closing in on completion, 2013-14 O-pee-Chee hockey.


The final 2 base cards on the bottom row came today via a small Sportlots order, and the other 6 above have arrived in the past couple of weeks.  This set is down to just 10 to go, nothing major price wise, but a pair of RCs will cost about $4-$5 apiece.  I'll probably wait a week or 2 and then go hunting and see if I can finish the set in one shot.

Not only is this set close to being done, 1978 Topps baseball is just about done and 1976 Topps is down to just a single card.   It is a race to the finish line.



As you can see I capitalized "Face" in the post title to celebrate another '59 Topps card coming in the house, that of Roy Face from the Pirates.  I decided to include a card from 1959 because this is my 1959th post on the blog. I'm going to try and post one card from a set that matches my post # until I hit 2000, which at the rate I'm posting should come in mid to late August.  

2000 posts means cake in this house.  I can't wait....

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

4 comments:

  1. I think most of us bloggers have made that mistake

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of Stefan Matteau, but not enough for it to matter. The other hockey players mean nothing to me. So Face wins this round.

    Will you do a poll to pick the kind of cake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No title... no problem. Once I wrote an entire post (intended for my blog) on APTBNL's blog. If I'm not mistaken, I didn't catch the error until I had actually published it.

    ReplyDelete