Saturday, June 6, 2020

Serial Saturday # 38: A couple more #'d/99's--that's how it Gose

I mentioned earlier this week about the great trade package that Josh from the Royals and Randoms blog sent my way.  Today's post is the final 3, maybe some would say the highlights of the package.

Josh added two more football cards to my serial #'d/99 collection, bringing the total to 59.  Far more than I would have expected already.


Starting with this 2014 Panini Select Red Prizm card of 49'ers Michael Crabtree.  I was a bit disappointed in how it scanned, as it looks really nice in hand.

I mentioned in previous Saturday serial themed posts that I was thinking about trying to get each of the serial #'s from 1 to 99 to make this set a little bit more fun.  I took the time a few days ago to go through the cards I have so far, and found that I have a dozen of the numbers duplicated.

Next project is to get the numbers on the appropriate page so I can access it quickly if needed.  The Crabtree is #'d 13/99; 13 was needed so I'm a bit closer to having half of the 1-99 numbers in place.


The other card for this set is this 2013 Panini Prominence platinum of Geno Smith.  Upon inspection, I had no idea why this card would be a "platinum" parallel, but now that I see the scan it makes more sense.  Easily seen is the serial #63, which was one that was needed.

For me, the star of the show in this trade package was this serial #'d jersey card...


2013 Bowman Futures game jersey card, #'d 25/25 of Anthony Gose who was then a Blue Jays prospect.  The card scanned really well, kind of a bluish shine to it.  Also like the powder blue jersey swatch; it goes really well with the bluish background on the scan.

I went from adding nothing for a long time into the Blue Jays hits and autos page to adding 2 in a week.  Pretty much anything that goes into the Blue Jays collection going forward will be jersey or auto cards due to the space limitations that a team collection will create for me.

Thank you very much for the cards Josh, they are really appreciated!!

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe,

Robert

1 comment:

  1. The Gose was sent to me from someone who thought it was a Royals card. 😁. Alas, it was not.

    ReplyDelete