Sunday, June 14, 2020

Signed, sealed and delivered

I usually don't spend a great deal of money on jersey or autograph cards of the players I collect, as I tend to try and build the collection through cheap base and parallel cards.

More of a quantity over quality type thing you might say.  But a few weeks ago when Dave from the Wax Stain Rookie blog posted this card on twitter, I thought it was something that I had to have.  For just under $25 US shipped, I now have a Felix Potvin autograph card in my collection.



This card is from the '18-19 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection, and it's a great dual photo card.  The scan washes out his name and position on the bottom, trust me it looks really good in hand.

It is a great graph as well, and the photo up top features him in the full set up, not just a head shot or upper body shot, which I prefer.  

If I had to be nitpicky, the signature is lost a little because it was signed in blue ink on top of his blue pads, but that's a very minor thing for me.

Dave, thank you for the opportunity to purchase this card, it's a great addition to my Felix Potvin PC!!

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert


3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm a fan of that design and I know it's been used in an Upper Deck Legends product at least once. Looks great on hockey as well. Nice action shot and signature of an all-time great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Potvin autograph! Loved him back in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Robert. As always you are super to deal with and I am pleased it has gone to a good home. When I hit it I was pleased but sadly the box didn't have much else in it so that ended up being by biggest hit. Still I enjoyed it for a while and now it is your turn.

    ReplyDelete