Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The post with no name

At the beginning of 2020, the 10th set on my completion list was 1974 Topps.  I was a bit worried whether I actually would finish the set, as I was still 92 cards away and really hadn't bothered with it over the previous few months.

The last 14 days have put those fears to rest.






In these 5 scans, I'm able to remove 39 cards from my want list.   If you look closely, I have Felix Millan in there twice, and surprisingly in both scans he's in the upper right corner.  Through trades and 8 cards from my COMC order, I'm down to just 40 cards to go for this set.  Yes, there's still names like Ryan (x2), Bench, Aaron(x3) and Rose for starters, but there's no major rookie cards left and still some commons on the list.

Shooting for this to be done by the end of August, or halfway through the 2020 baseball season.

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. This is a good example of the ho card effect. Matlack's action shot should have won easily.

    But I'm voting for the properly formatted Hough card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many photographs for this set were taken at the Coliseum. I love it.

    ReplyDelete