Saturday, June 13, 2020

Serial Saturday #39: the long forgotten Hockey version of SNI

Thanks to one of the most generous bloggers around, Dennis, I received a big fat bubble mailer full of cards this morning (OK it came yesterday, I just didn't get around to getting the mail til today), with some very nice additions and subtractions to want lists.

Dennis may be the only person out there who hasn't forgotten about my 1200 card version of the Serial Numbered Insanity set, hockey style.  He sent me 5 cards, 1 number which I already had for the set, so here's a scan of the other 4...


I know Elliptical Man will agree that the best card in this post is easily Steve Shield's homage to the great Gerry Cheevers mask from the 70's.  Shields' card is the middle decade of 3 that's represented in this post; his card is from the 2003-04 OPC set, blue parallel #'d 490/500.

On the left is a pair of Leaf Certified cards, which are always good for serial #'d set builders such as myself.  While Mikkel Boedker, a first rd pick in 2008 by the Coyotes has had a decent career (700+ games in 12 seasons), Gabriel Dumont hasn't been so lucky, just appearing in 90 games over parts of 7 seasons in the league.

Now, these 4 were just a small sampling of what was in the envelope, as there's a lot more player collection help, Maple Leafs collection help, goalie masks aplenty (including a bunch of Marty Turco's which I'm hoping were duplicates!) and a handful of Jays as well.  It's going to take a little time to break it down for posting purposes....

Oh, and if you don't follow me on Twitter, Dennis also sent me a sweet printing plate...

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert



2 comments:

  1. Yes. The Shields is the only choice here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Mikkel Boedker playing for the Sharks. He had a couple of solid seasons with them.

    ReplyDelete