Monday, June 15, 2020

5 out of 10, the Wizard is in

My COMC order finally arrived on Saturday, and the first card I'll show from the latest order finishes off my 1979 Topps set.


It isn't the greatest looking Ozzie Smith RC you'll see out there, it's a bit off center, the edges are a little rough and the top right corner isn't the greatest, but for just under $11 it does the trick for me.

Best of all, I'm halfway to finishing my 2020 goal of completing 10 sets.

Halfway doesn't last for very long, as I'll show off the last 2 cards for the 6th set tomorrow, and I'm just 3 cards shy of finishing 1976 Topps as well.

I'm already formulating plans for the next 10 sets I want to finish up, so hopefully before the summer ends I'll have that plan in place as well.

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!!

Robert

8 comments:

  1. Looks pretty nice to these old eyes! Congrats on finishing a classic set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, classic shot! Love that card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! My Ozzie rookie cost two bucks, but then again mine has about 753 creases (and it's off-center!).

    Glad to hear at least some COMC orders are starting to arrive! I have a huge bulk of stuff I've been accumulating in my cart over the quarantine months that I can't wait to have shipped to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on a roll! Congrats on finishing the '79 set and getting halfway to 10 complete sets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off centered is the norm for this card. I don't think I've ever seen a perfectly centered version in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the completed set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work completing the 1979 set! It's kind of an underrated set of the decade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A COMC order has arrived! This is good news! Maybe I'll actually cash mine out soon.

    ReplyDelete