Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A yellow Blue Jay and some more '64s

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I had some envelopes headed my way while I was out of town.  Two of them I was expecting, but the third one that was waiting for me was totally unexpected, and most welcome.

Ted struck again.

Fellow Blue Jay collector Ted from the Crinkly Wrappers blog once again surprised me with an envelope out of nowhere that contained some fantastic stuff.

Have you ever seen a card that looked spooky to you?  I did when I took a look at this next card, which was the 2nd one out of the envelope...

Awesome...meaning I was in awe, and then some

Dumbfounded was the word.  I looked at the card and had absolutely no idea what was in my hand.  Then I looked at the back.

Wow.  Hot Damn.  I had never seen a printing plate, much less held one in my hand, and now, this Scott Rolen '09 Topps Ticket to Stardom Yellow Plate was in my possession.  I was awestruck to say the least. 
I have long considered 1/1's to be unattainable for my collection.

Wrong again. 

But wait, there's more!!  (cue cheesy commercial...)

Ted also sent me a lucky 7 of Milwaukee Braves cards from the '64 Topps set.  Here's a scan of the 5 that I needed...

A few steps closer

great looking cards all around.  Ted's generosity prompted me to get off my duff this evening and post a list of 64's that I actually own on my want list.  So now the '64s and the '86s that I have are listed on the want list tab up top, so feel free to peruse and let me know what you can do to help. 

Great envelope you may think...but of course, there's more!!

Tomorrow, I'll share the autos (yes, plural), and a little more insanity.

I may have to change the name of the blog to "indebted to Ted"

Thanks for reading, Robert

3 comments:

  1. I pulled a JP Arencibia '12 Gypsy Queen black mini printing plate the other day. I couldn't believe my luck. Not only pulling a 1 of 1, but one of my favourite current Blue Jays!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no way that that is Scott Rolen, right?

    ReplyDelete