Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back in the saddle again

It's amazing how far you can fall behind when you're out of touch for 9 days.  I spent a good portion of Monday evening reading the Word Press blog emails that I have sent to me on a daily basis.  The blogs I follow and read regularly on Google, well let's just say if they were children, I'd have been reported to the DCS already. 

Add to all this the packages that I received shortly before I left on vacation, and let's just say I've been a bad blogger over the past 2 weeks.  I will, however, rationalize it all by saying:

I haven't had a 10 day vacation since the last time I was unemployed, so there.  (sticking tongue out in defiance...LOL)

So let the catching up begin...

First off, I have to say a big thank you to two fellow bloggers who sent me some stuff, which up until now hadn't been acknowledged:

Jeroen, better known to us all as The Dutch Card Guy, sent me a handful of cards out of the blue, to help cure some of the insanity blues I was having right before I left for Florida.  My goal is to get a package put together for him very soon and on its way. 

5 more towards the 1500

Eric, who everyone knows as the purveyor of the Manupatches and Mustaches  blog, also sent me cards thanks to a contest I had won a while back.  Eric sent me some insanity as well, in the form of Royals no less (I know that had to be painful).  I especially enjoy the Butler Topps Finest card, the scan doesn't do the blue background justice, it really does stand out nicely.


Eric also sent me some Jays as well for my winnings.

A little bit of old and new for the collection

My apologies gents for the delay in acknowledging your packages.

Thank you both very much!!  I'm sure that by the time I get home from work this afternoon that there may be couple of more packages from the 10 days of mail that I will be pouring through. 

Let the catch up games continue....

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear they arrived safely and that you are 5 steps closer to completing your "insane" quest :-)

    ReplyDelete