Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Reverse psychology

I've hemmed and hawed for a few days about the merits of 2012 Gypsy Queen.  I really am stuck on what to do.  You've seen me write in the past on how I was kind of ambivalent towards the main set, what with its large amount of short prints and retired stars gracing the 300 card set.

Don't get me started on the minis...

A list of minis for trade, including these black beauties, are on the 2012 sets tab

What's totally bass ackwards for me though, is I have developed a fondness for the inserts.  At least the retail ones that I've encountered so far.  I've not pulled one duplicate in any of the insert sets so far, and I've bought 3 blasters and 2 rack packs.  That's totally out of character for me as well, as by now I am usually grousing about the crappy collation on most Topps products. 

Love these all, especially the Moonshots and Sliding Stars


I like the coloring and the artwork on all these sets.  Love em all.  This may be the first time ever that I decide to collect just the inserts, and (gasp) not worry about the base set/SPs.

I've even thought about putting together the base set/SPs and doing something on the blog with it...I don't know. 

I've got a vacation coming up...10 days, heading south to the warmth and fun of Florida.  I'll definitely take some time to think about it then and decide.

I think the Gypsies have taken my brain on this one...

Thanks for reading, Robert


6 comments:

  1. I'm interested in the Phillips mini. There's probably something on the Heritage front I need so I'll have to take a look. Not sure yet.

    Meanwhile, weird, we too are heading to Florida soon for 10 days. I'm 6'1, not much hair, probably be wearing a baseball and/or ironic t-shirt of some sort - with cargo shorts. Be sure to say "hi" if you see me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I can see him going up to 10,000 different guys, "Hey, are you Potch?"

    Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a bunch of inserts available (and a base starter for that matter). Would love to trade for your black minis. Email at QAPLAGCA at yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Phillips mini is already spoken for. I pulled another black mini on the trip, once I get back home I'll contact you and we'll definitely work something out.

      Delete
  4. I'm more focused on getting the base set, only have a few more to go!
    Then I guess I'll focus on the inserts, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came to similar conclusions in a recent post. GQ is a terrible base set, but the inserts are pretty cool. It is almost the first throw away base set of all time.

    ReplyDelete