Tuesday, September 1, 2020

If this overdue post were a library book, I couldn't afford the fines

Many of us in the blog world have been fortunate to be zapped.  I, on more than one occasion, have received a good zapping from everyone's favorite Luis Torrens fan Zippy Zappy.  He may be in mourning right now, I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that there was some distress shown the other day as Luis was traded to the Mariners from the Padres.

I'm going to try and distract him a bit and show off part of the hockey portion of the Zapping he sent my way.   Yes, Zapping needs to be capitalized now....it's a blog thing


This is most of the 2018-19 MVP Leafs team set, add John Tavares who had signed with the team as  a free agent before the season, and subtract Auston Matthews who wasn't part of the envelope.

It's always a challenge when I see the silver signature parallels from MVP to not go out and start buying them.  I've been a fan since day one of those parallels, it is some kind of illness that I have and seeing Travis Dermott's rookie silver signature almost got me started again. 

Almost


I didn't buy one pack of 19-20 MVP this past season, I've shied away from the 20-21 release that's on shelves already I believe.  I've cut way back on the pack busting the past few months and it's served me well as I'm able to purchase and trade more for pieces that I want to add to the collection.  These 3 cards were a welcome sight, I'll have to try and grab the remainder of the team set at some point.


I've never seen Parkhurst at my local Wal Mart.  Ever.  I've heard tales of others finding blasters by the handful, but maybe I'm just in a place geographically that will never see these.  Zach Hyman over the past couple of seasons has become a favorite Leaf, I especially enjoy watching him dig for pucks and take punishment in front of the opposing team's net.  Twenty goals for him this season was well deserved; I fear that the Leafs may lose him when the expansion draft for the Seattle franchise comes around next summer.   Nonetheless, I'm happy to have a rookie card of him in my possession.

I would say that I've had these cards on the desk now for several weeks.  I've had them for so long that the overdue library book analogy came to mind.

The baseball half will be shown tomorrow.  It's an interesting group of Blue Jays for sure.

Thank you for the cards ZZ!!  More to come...

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment