Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Monochro-o-ome

 For those of you that are of the 50ish age era, you might be able to guess what the inspiration for the title was.  I'll put the video in at the end of the post just in case you didn't know...

Recently, Nicole (@nic_andersen) on twitter offered up a bunch of Dallas Stars cards for sale.  Not that I'm a Stars fan by any stretch, but there was one card in the group that caught my eye immediately.



I had bought a few of these a while back from Kin and immediately took a shine to the look of the card.  I'm not a big jersey card collector, but if the set looks good (in my opinion) I'll give it a look.  Nicole gave me a good price on the card, and asked if there was anything else she could send to fill out the envelope.

Leafs all day!  Figured I would get some commons from recent sets, which wouldn't have been bad as I've started chasing those as well.   Nope...



Calle Rosen and Rasmuis Sandin rookies!!  I even enjoyed the Alex Kerfoot rookie even though he's pictured in an Avalanche jersey,  I was happy the Leafs were able get Kerfoot in the trade with the Avs last year, and I think now that Manny Malhotra is an assistant coach with the club, he'll help develop Kerfoot into the 3rd line center that the Leafs really need.

I really haven't seen many of the Allure cards in hand, so getting ahold of one, a Sandin RC no less, was a great pleasure, and I've not given up on Calle Rosen yet either.  



Kodachrome is one of the older songs from Paul Simon that I still remember, and it reminds me of camping in Northern Ontario back in the 70's, which we did every summer.  

Thank you to Nicole for the great package, I highly recommend to all of you out there whenever she tosses out a pic or 2 of cards for sale.  

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool to hear that Malhotra is coaching these days. I remember crossing my fingers and hoping to pull his rookie cards back in 1997-98. Time sure flies by. And listening to that Paul Simon song takes me back to my childhood in the 70's. I'll have to dig through my brother's LP collection that he gave me to see if I have that album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked Malhotra when he was a Ranger. Hope he does well as a coach...maybe he'll be a Rangers coach someday.

      Delete