Friday, September 4, 2020

Come on USPS--you can do better than this

I've written posts here and there both praising and condemning the USPS.  Sometimes they do great work, case in point, I've had a couple of trades with fellow collectors in the great white north arrive to me in 10 days recently.   10 days from Canada, especially the prairies and the west coast is a pretty good time.

Then, there's this one.

I completed a trade a couple of weeks back with Douglas (TCDB ID: dwunder) which netted me some great cards for 4 of my player collections.  More on that in a minute.

I received this envelope yesterday.  9/3

It was shipped 8/19 from Iowa.  15 days.

It had tracking on it, so I decided to look it up.  It's been out for delivery since the 24th of August.  10 days.  It takes me 15 minutes to walk to my post office from my house. 

Come on USPS--you can do better than this.

Rant over.  Card time


Getting close to finishing the '08 UD X die cut set, just 10 to go.   Nice to have the Freak in house.


Early days Ichiro.  Always great to get a couple of these added to the collection.


Non Blue Jays cards featuring John Olerud are always welcome.  That collection is starting to grow as well.


There's gold in dem dar Thomes.   I have very few Bowman parallels featuring Jim Thome.  Time to start changing that. 


Speaking of Bowman parallels, I love the Bowman International versions with the flag as the background.  Of course, I'm partial to the American flag, as it looks great behind the follow through of Andrew McCutchen.

The 1985 parallel on the left is just one of 2 that I need.  This one will go with the set, so if someone finds another I could use it for my Cutch collection.

Thank you Doug for the cards, they are appreciated!  Look forward to our next trade.

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

5 comments:

  1. Love the McCutchens. Let your member of Congress and Senators know how you feel about the USPS situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pair of Cutch's. I too love those International parallels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may have been late, but at least you got it! And that Bowman Ichiro is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's be honest--Trump appointed a Postmaster General for the purpose of causing this sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blame Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and his efforts sabotage the USPS. My current work situation is less than ideal, but at least my administration is trying to be supportive. Can't even begin to imagine what the average USPS employee is going through right now with a boss like that.

    Sorry. Rant over. Card comment time.

    A. That Ultra Ichiro is sweet.
    B. And those Bowman International parallels are cool too.

    ReplyDelete