Monday, September 7, 2020

A call for starter sets

I've discovered a couple of older football sets that I'd like to start putting together.  I swore off football for quite a while and putting together a couple of modern sets ('18 Prestige and '19 Donruss) has kind of told me that putting together modern football sets isn't the way to go.

I had grabbed a couple of '86 Topps football cards on a free card Friday a few weeks back, and set them on the shelf above my desk and promptly forgot about them.   I found them again a couple of weeks ago, and decided I liked the look of them.  I'd also mistaken them for '88 Topps, so finding out they were a couple of years older piqued my interest.


So I found a cheap lot of 20 cards on eBay recently (from FL no less) and the start of this set being put together was on.  I'm also looking to put together a few other sets but not without getting some starter sets to put a dent into the want lists.

If you look on the right hand side of my home page, you'll see 10 sets that I'd like to get started.  A few A&G's that I'd like to catch up on, along with a quartet of modern OPC hockey (which I enjoy very much) and a pair of older football sets. 

If you have any for me, let me know what we can work out, either in trade or payment.  Hope to hear from someone looking to get a few dupes out of their storage boxes!!

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. I think I can help you out. Give me a day or two to peruse your wantlist. I'm excited to see someone else build the '86 Topps football set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 22 cards so far for the '86 FB set, so the want list is a big one. Let me know what we can do Chris.

      Delete