Tuesday, September 8, 2020

I want it all--and I want it now

First off, before writing anything card related, my prayers are to the folks on the west coast being forced to evacuate because of the fires.  Stay safe out there everyone!!

Sitting here at the monitor/keyboard just thinking about what I want to do with my collection in the near future.  I've promised for weeks that I'm going to put up the next 10 sets I want to complete, and I have compiled 9 so far.  My problem seems to be narrowing the focus because I've got myself overloaded again.  Asking for more starter sets is a good idea, but maybe I should have waited until I got more sets completed.

There is a plan, believe it or not, but I do need to get a whole lot of partial sets that I've had on the go for years completed.

I also still need to get '74 Topps done. 


Cards such as this Andrew McCutchen 2014 Panini Prizm Red White and Blue parallel are such a distraction for me. 

It's very easy for me to hop and eBay and look for all kinds of different auctions featuring all the things I love with cards.  Colorful parallels, serial #'d parallels, cards for my player collections are all ways for me to become distracted from the set building I'm trying to focus on. 

I am looking forward to my first "box" order from Sportlots which should arrive later this week.  Interesting that the package hit a distribution center in WI today, but there's no estimated delivery date, something that in the past was easy to see on the USPS website.  When it arrives, I'll show off a lot of cards from various sets that will be completely (hopefully) sooner rather than later.

I have to keep away from the "I want it all--and I want it now" mentality.

Maybe Queen can help me.



Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Great song. This is gonna sound crazy... but my students from two or three years ago are the ones who really got me into Queen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shiny is very distracting, I know! Although for me, they're less so these days what with the prices on everything being higher and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell you what - Unless you're about to blow your retirement fund on cards, it's much better to want it all than to want nothing at all. We've lost so many great collectors and bloggers who have lost the passion to collect. "Wanting it all" means collecting brings you joy and excitement and those are wonderful emotions!

    ReplyDelete