Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Is tomorrow evening the start of the return to normal

As I mentioned on the weekend, dazed and confused is probably the best way to describe my sense of time right now.

This is why I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's football season opener between the Texans and the Chiefs.  A pro sport that is returning right when its supposed to return. 


I'll be looking forward to watching my favorite receiver, Larry Fitzgerald, on Sunday as the Cardinals start their season against division rival San Francisco.

Fitz starts the season 22 catches shy of 1400 for his career, still 2nd all time behind the great Jerry Rice.  Larry also needs over 5000 yards to catch Rice for first overall in receiving yards, likely a monumental task as he'd probably need to play 4-5 more years to catch him.  That would bring him to 41-42 years of age.  Jerry Rice played until he was 42, so it is possible.


The fact that I'm even getting to mention football now gives me a bit of hope that things in the world, pandemic wise, can hopefully get back to a little bit more normal. 

Even Sooz  on Twitter is talking football and collecting this evening, so we've gotta be getting close!!

One of her questions tonight on Card Chat asked for your favorite football card.  That was an easy one for me.


I hope and pray that the players/teams take care of themselves and are able to get through this season without a lot of difficulty.  I just don't want it to be the train wreck that the baseball season has been so far. 

Enjoy the hobby!  Stay safe

Robert

4 comments:

  1. Football makes things feel a little normal. Thanks for the shout out. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Fitz has had quite the career. Crazy to think he has a legitimate shot at passing Rice as the all-time receptions leader. Honestly didn't think anyone would be in that discussion. The receiving yards thing is kind of a stretch... but I guess anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to football season, and hoping everything runs smoothly. Baseball sure has been a mess this year :/

    ReplyDelete