Friday, September 25, 2020

5% squared

 I guess you could call it double dipping.  Earlier this week eBay had their 5% bucks promotion, so I took the opportunity to look for one specific card that was likely the big fish remaining in the '74 Topps pond.



Not the greatest copy of card #1, but I'm not looking for pristine, I'm looking for affordable and good enough.  Between this and a current copy of Beckett Hockey that the same seller had, I spent just about $20.  5% of that went into the eBay bucks account, and since I have my Discover card tied into my paypal, I gained another 5 % cash back on that end as well.

Don't panic, I have a very low CC balance that I keep paid off monthly so I'm not abusing it, but using it to get the extra buck or 2, which will add up to something nice in the next couple of months.

Oh and by the way, the '74 set is down into the teens now as I have a handful of them on their way to a new Sportlots box order.  I'm looking to get this set out of the way finally and move on to some other things.

Enjoy the hobby!


Robert


Don

4 comments:

  1. Whoa. If I tie my Discover Card to my PP, I get an extra 5% cash back? Right now I use a PP Mastercard and I don't even get that kind of bonus. I might need to look into making some changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the promotion for this quarter for Discover (Jul-Sept) use Paypal with your Discover and get 5% cashback.

      Next quarter (Oct-Dec) it is Amazon.com, Target.com and Walmart.com.

      Delete
  2. Glad you found something nice during the 5% bucks promotion. I looked a couple times but just couldn't pull the trigger on anything.

    ReplyDelete