Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Out of touch

I'm back.

For the first time since I moved to the States many years ago, I went four straight days without the internet.  Away from the posts, the blogs, the cards, and the collectors.

After spending the better part of 9 1/2 months reading, writing, and collecting on a daily basis, I went cold turkey for 4 days.

It wasn't easy, but I made it through.

The place where we were staying on the west side of Florida was gorgeous, and I spent the better part of 4 days baking in 90 degree heat, watching the fish jump out of the water, and generally relaxing.  I listened to a lot of music on the radio for the 4 days, and one of the songs that I heard was the inspiration for this post.

You're out of touch, I'm out of time, but you're out of my head when you're not around..  (Hall and Oates, Out of Touch, 1984)


Hall & Oates was on the radio, and the song made me realize just how out of touch I was for the first 4 days of my vacation.  It's amazing how little I had thought about the blog and writing.  (In case you were wondering, I didn't run into Potch here in Florida as well.)  I only stopped at a store that had cards just once, and naturally I picked up a few packs.

I had never seen a 2012 Heritage blister pack, and what piqued my curiosity was the three packs with 3 black parallels.  I wasn't aware of any black parallel version, only the Target reds and the Wal-Mart blues. More on those in a later post.

I am looking forward to a trip to a card store here in the Ft. Lauderdale suburbs tomorrow.  I'm hoping to find one of the legendary dime boxes that I'm hearing about on other blogs.   This will also be one of the rare posts that you will not find any scans/pictures of cards, since I really haven't pulled anything of note. 

I should be back in the ball game as far as posting regularly again; hopefully I've not lost anyone along the way.

Thanks for reading, Robert


No comments:

Post a Comment