Saturday, May 26, 2012

Milestones and millstones?

As I've said a couple of times before on the blog, I do enjoy writing.  It's a task that I've grown to really enjoy over the past several months.  The most challenging part for me sometimes is thinking of titles for posts.

The reason I chose this title today is that this is my last day on vacation, and I needed something easy to write about.  It's a pain in the ass to take pictures of cards, load them on to the laptop and then upload them to the blog (for some reason it takes forever....).

Millstone is defined as a heavy and inescapable burden.  Blogging is just the opposite for me.  It is a task that is fun and challenging at the same time.  I've enjoyed doing it for quite a while now, and can see myself continuing this blog for the foreseeable future. 

Now milestones are easier to talk about.  The month of May has shown me that even when I'm not around, I'm still around.  I hit 2,000+ page views for the 5th straight month; not too shabby for not posting for 6 days this month.  I also set a one day record for page views with 161, which for me is awesome. 

I'm also getting closer to 100 followers (I've been stuck at 98 for a while now).  As I did with 50 followers, I will run a contest once I hit 100.  What I will do, I don't know.  I plan on giving away cards (naturally), I don't have any plans to throw any cards away (not yet anyhow), and with the mixed bag of emotions regarding this years sets, I'm not sure what to give away. 

First things first, have to find two people who have been hiding under a rock to start following the blog.  Once the milestone is hit, the millstone of running the contest will be on!  Maybe if I'm lucky, by the time I get home Monday I'll be at 100....

For those of you who have plans this weekend, whether it be a long drive to visit relatives or a backyard BBQ, please whatever you do, do it safely and responsibly.

Thanks for reading, Robert

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's the time of year but my follower list has been stagnant for a long time. Picked up my first new one in a long time the other day. I'm sure you'll get to 100 soon. Enjoy you MD weekend!

    ReplyDelete