Sunday, April 5, 2020

You don't see this too often

Decided to stop at Target yesterday and avoid any cashier related incidents regarding my purchasing of baseball cards by hitting the self-checkout line as I did in the past.

I came home with a couple packs of Heritage and one pack of Series 1 Topps (the store was cleaned out of Donruss baseball), and I decided to only open one of the Heritage packs.

What I saw inside was kind of interesting, and I had to validate it this morning by entering the cards onto my trade list at the TCDB website.

Here's the scans....





There's your 20 cards, scanned for your viewing pleasure.  Notice anything unusual?

Take a good look, give yourself a minute or two....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

There's no inserts, parallels, short prints, photo variations of any kind in this pack!

Thought I was seeing things for a minute, then as I was entering them into the site just now I made sure that there wasn't anything I was missing.

A straight 20 card pack of baseball cards, just like they did it in the old days.

You really don't see this too often, if at all in modern packs.   Too bad I wasn't putting the set together.

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

9 comments:

  1. I thought the surprise was that you didn't get at least three dupes in the same pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say there were 5 Mets (counting the leaders card with deGrom), which would make a great pack for me! We see what we're interested in, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallelujah! If I were running things at Topps, that's what 9 out of 10 packs would look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a pack of Heritage that wound up like this a couple weeks ago. I liked it -- though I didn't pull a copy of that sweet PATP of Franmil Reyes, which I definitely still need to track down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me a reminder email, I can put that Franmil aside for you...

      Delete
  5. That should mean that one was an SP, hopefully?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no short prints. straight up 20 cards with no filler

      Delete
  6. The first pack of Heritage I reviewed also contained no inserts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's weird. And it was a full moon this week. So, I think that explains it.

    ReplyDelete