Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Thick as a brick

I really haven't bothered much over the past year and a half trying to add to my Blue Jays hits collection.   I've been so focused with trying to complete sets that anything else has been set aside.

So a couple of weeks ago when I saw my favorite twitter card seller Joe (@cheapcardsales) offer up this card for $3.50, I took the bait.


2019 Topps Tier One Marcus Stroman jersey card.   Great blue swatch!  Needless to say I grabbed a bunch of other cards with this one, most of those will be posted on Saturday's serial numbered post.

This is the first card I've added to the Blue Jays hits page since last August, and it is pretty thick.  I don't know what it is about the thicker jersey cards that I like, it shouldn't make a difference thin or thick, right?

I follow a lot of card sellers on twitter, but Joe is the only one that I buy from regularly.  The communication is great, he ships fast and is patient with me when I ask to verify what I have purchased.  I generally write down what I claim from Joe, but this last stack I'd forgotten about this card and another in my total.  He was kind enough to type out all the cards I bought, and showed appreciation that I actually keep track to make sure we're on the same page.

I guess there's a few others out there who don't keep track.

Thank you Joe for the cards, they are appreciated!!  More to come...

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Nice card. Nothing flashy. Just very subtle and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Stroman. Hope he becomes a perennial all-star in the NL.

    ReplyDelete