Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Four by Four

The trade similarity run continues today as there's a pair of trades that also came in during the past 7 days that netted me 4 cards apiece.  First off, we have a pair of cards from two different collections via repeat trader Jerry  (TCDB ID: nozzlemaster).


I had bought one of those repack boxes from Target on my last visit there a couple of weeks back, and one of the packs inside was 2019 GQ.  While I didn't pull anything that helped my collections, a couple of cards inside (including a Roger Maris SP) went Jerry's way for these 4 cards.

The GQ green is slowly making its way towards completion, I'm at 229 out of the 300 cards in hand now.  Again, what I thought would be a lengthy project looks like it has a chance of being finished this year which is great!

Jim Thome's collection is also growing nicely; finally getting his cards on the TCDB site and putting up a healthy want list has made all the difference.  The '99 Pacific is the 49th card just from 1999, and that's not even the most I have from 1 year for Thome (2002 has 50).  Have a good shot at hitting 600 cards for this collection by the end of the year, as I have some relics that I'm sure I haven't added, and I'm just 27 cards away from that milestone.


In contrast, the T.Y. Hilton collection is still in its infancy, just 65 cards in hand.  No worries though, this collection is something that's cool to add to on the side, but not a major focus right now.  These came from a first time trade partner, Shawn (TCDB ID: herkyone) and arrived quickly, well at least as quick as PWE's are getting through the mail these days.

Thanks to both for the trades, the cards are appreciated!

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. Voting for the Donruss T.Y. in the top row.

    600 is a lot for one player. When I get double digits of one player, I think I have a decent stash. Ha.

    ReplyDelete