Thursday, April 2, 2020

One of the best in the west

Growing up, one of my favorite towns to hear about in the news or weather reports was Moose Jaw, SK.  Just saying "Moose Jaw" was always entertaining for me, and just imagining what it would be like to live there in the middle of the Canadian prairies always fascinated me.  Now, I'm able to get a few cards from there.

I've just completed my 2nd trade with a great trade partner, Kevin (TCDB ID: kdinthejaw), who is great at hitting multiple and varied want lists for me.


Let's start with some set help.  2018-19 OPC has 5 cards removed from the list, including the Maple Leafs rock steady Freddie Andersen.  That set is doing quite well now as it's over 500 out of the 600 cards needed.

Bill Guerin on the lower right of the scan is from the 2007-08 OPC set, which I'm miles away from finishing (I've just over half of the set in hand), and this may be only the 2nd or 3rd card I've received in trades.


Half a dozen cards from another slow set build, 2018 Playoff Prestige.  Still need another 86 cards to finish this set, including a bunch of short printed rookies.  Once I did some digging and found out that the Prestige set is released pretty much with the same amount of cards (300) and Short Printed rookies (100) you can better believe that I stayed away from it in 2019.  It still surprises me that I don't have a lot of trades for football on TCDB, even with a decent want list for my player collections on the site.


Leave it to my Canadian hockey brethren to help me out with some player collections, including a 04-05 Pacific Sakic, leaving me just 11 cards short of the 800 mark for the Sakic PC.  As a contrast, the Mitch Marner collection doesn't even take up 2 pages yet.  He's still quite young, and expensive, so there's a lot of time for him yet...


Pat Flatley RC!  84-85 OPC is still a set that I regret letting get away, and so it will be very sweet when I have this completed.  This card took me over the 50% mark by one, and the next card I receive will be the 200th for the set.  Still need a couple of the big RC's, including Steve Yzerman, so it'll be a while before this is done.

Thank you for the trade Kevin, the cards are appreciated.   Look forward to the next trade with you!!

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. That's a great-looking Flatley card. Congrats on getting past the 50% mark with this set!

    ReplyDelete