Thursday, April 16, 2020

Lightning strike

Had 3 PWE's roll in today, made me feel pretty good I must admit.  It's good to see that there are folks out there that are still willing to trade and ship cards on a moment's notice.

One of the three envelopes that arrived was from Justin (TCDB ID: Lightningfan7609), a repeat trade partner.  It's actually one that I initiated, as I saw that he had quite a few 2020 Heritage needs come across my trade list, and I looked at his trade list and spotted a page worth of cards that I needed.


Two days in a row Marcus Stroman is featured on the blog, I didn't put him in the #1 card slot on purpose though.  Had no idea who Tom Anderson was, so I read the card.  Makes sense now, I have never used Myspace, and probably never will.  A&G teaches me something today.

Was also happy to see a card featuring the Big Cat, Andres Galarraga (I always have to stop and check when typing his last name).  I'd forgotten that Andres extended his career until his age 43 season, getting 10 AB's in 2004 with the Angels.  I'd also forgotten that he played in Texas in '01, and for the Giants in both '01 and '03.

Nine more cards in gets me to 201 in hand, just over 57% done.  I didn't care much for the look of this set when it first came out, but much like other A&G sets, it's grown on me over time.  

Thank you for the trade Justin, the cards are appreciated!

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Wow. It's been years since I logged into my Myspace account. I wonder if that site is even around these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you enjoyed the cards. Thanks for the Heritage. I may actually finish that set without buying another box.....nahh. Still going to buy another box! That A&G set is one that plagues me. I bought three boxes of it that year...two of them were hot boxes filled with the foil parallels.

    ReplyDelete