Monday, April 27, 2020

2 trades with 3 common traits

Ichiro.  McCutchen.  2020 Topps '85 inserts.  Each of these appeared in 2 consecutive trades that would take up a page each.  It wasn't until a few days after I received both that the similarity took hold.

First up is a trade with new trade partner James (TCDB ID: jlcre2003)


6 big names knocked off the 2020 Topps '85 insert want list.  Aaron and Clemente are both big names I'm happy to have off the list, as are the other 4.  Was surprised that I was able to gather a group like this in one fell swoop.


One each of Ichiro and Andrew McCutchen round out this trade, both inserts from 2019 sets.  I kind of wish I had pushed forward with collecting the '84 Topps inserts like I said I would last year, as I probably could have bindered them together with the '85 inserts from this year.   Oh well, I'll just enjoy the McCutchen and move on.


The 2nd trade has more Ichiro and Cutch cards, what's good for me especially is the 4 subset cards from the 2016 Topps & Topps Update sets.  There's 60 total, I believe I have the base set of 30 done and now have 10 from the Update set.


I've really started to ramp up lately on the early 2010's from both McCutchen and Ichiro, and probably wouldn't have had to if I'd started their collections years ago.  No matter, I'm having a blast trading for them and reliving them over again, or in the case of the Opening Day Elite Skills card in the center, seeing them for the first time.  This 2nd trade is from first time trade partner Corey (TCDB ID: corey42080) and was a great mix of cards for sure.

A big thank you to both traders, the cards are great and very much appreciated!!

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Voting for the Clemente. That's a cool photo on that Opening Day Ichiro though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent pickups here...gotta love flagship Topps inserts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing Mussina featured as an Oriole... instead of in Yankee Pinstripes.

    ReplyDelete