Monday, April 20, 2020

A trio of trades

I decided to combine three trades into one quick post.   A grand total of 11 cards came my way courtesy of 3 repeat trade partners, which is becoming a common theme now that my trade numbers have grown over the past 16 months.

Mike (ID: 49ants) sent me just one card, but it adds to my Felix Potvin collection.


I will never tire of getting cards of Felix and his cat mask into my collection.  This is the hobby predictor gold winner card from the 94-95 Upper Deck Set.   Felix didn't get a Vezina vote that season, the Sabres Dominik Hasek won the 2nd of his 6 Vezina awards in the strike shortened 94-95 campaign.


Some more player collection cards arrived care of Jenny (ID:  JennyMiller521), and I especially like the '83 Topps look on the upper left hand corner card.  The inset photo looks as if it was taken when someone pissed off McCutchen, which seems so out of the norm as I'm used to seeing a smiling Cutch, similar to the '18 Topps Chrome card.


Not only is the McCutchen collection growing lately, so too is the Ichiro collection, partially thanks to the 3 cards in this envelope from Edward (ID: Detfan6897).  The first thing that came to mind when I received this trade offer was 6 cards from 6 different sets, and even more pleasing was the '74 Bert Campaneris card.  Still 84 cards to go on that want list, with 4 of them in my COMC cart currently.

What's been cool over the past 3 weeks is that virtually every trade offer that's come my way has been of the PWE variety.  I'm sure that people are doing that purposefully (at least I hope so) so that minimal contact with others is maintained.  I know that the bakers dozen trades that I've completed, and the 6 others in progress have all gone out in a PWE, which means a walk to the P.O. for me and drop into the snorkel box.  Keep 'em coming!

Thank you to all for the trades, they are appreciated!!

Enjoy the hobby and stay safe,

Robert


2 comments:

  1. My favorite here is the Potvin - good goalie with some nice blue / black color coordination. The '74 Campy made him work for it, but the photo is too boring to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 74 Campaneris is gorgeous! The green and yellow seem to glow in your scan.

    ReplyDelete