Thursday, November 26, 2020

A little faith in humanity restored

 First and foremost, happy Thanksgiving to all the ladies and gentlemen out there that are reading this today.

Wanted to recount a recent trade with fellow blogger Marc that could have gone awry, but didn't.  Marc and I completed what I think is our 3rd TCDB trade (TCDB ID: marcbrubaker) and being the generous guy that he is, sent me a boat load of Allen & Ginter cards, 78 of them to be exact.


2019 A&G Want list has shrunk quickly

Marc sent off the tracking ID, I set it up on the USPS site to give me the text updates and that was that.

A few days later, I get the message on my phone, package delivered.  Hoorah!!

Go to the mailbox.  Nope.  Nothing there but ads.  HMMMM

I should have clued in when I didn't get anything in my informed delivery email from USPS, but I didn't think of it then.

I sent a message off to Marc to let him know that package was delivered, but I didn't get it.  This morning I look at my messages (after 3 days of not doing ANYTHING card related) and Marc advised that the package was sent to Street and not Place.  Slight difference, but makes a big one in my neighborhood!

I had to drop off a couple of PWE's at the USPS today, so I decided on the way back home I'd go to my address a block behind me and see if that person still had the package.


As you can see by the scans, he still had it.   The guy had opened it; I would have done the same thing as you can't be too careful as to what people send through the mail sometimes.  

Not one card was missing, the gentleman was friendly and handed me the envelope pretty quickly, and all is well with the world again.

A bit of faith in humanity restored...

Thank you for the trade Marc, the cards are great and really appreciated!!

Have a great holiday all and enjoy the hobby.

Robert

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you got the cards...Marc is a good guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you eventually got the cards. Love that Fitzgerald. It's straight up 🔥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you were able to get the cards, but dude shouldn't have opened it, it didn't have his name on it, that is unless by some freak occurrence he does actually your same first and last name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember receiving a package from Amazon a few years ago that I tore open and noticed cosmetics. It didn't take long for me to figure out that it was delivered to the wrong address. I hand delivered it to the correct address then apologized and explained that I rarely check the address label before opening my Amazon packages, but the lady was obviously annoyed.

    Anyways... glad you eventually got your cards. That Ichiro Topps Now card is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you got your cards, even though the package was open. The Cutch and Fitz in particular are very cool.

    ReplyDelete