Thursday, December 10, 2020

Two weeks

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted anything on the blog.  Card related items while still in my mind, have been pushed to the back burner as the insanity that is this Christmas year of 2020 is at the forefront of my life.  

Speaking of two weeks, we're just two weeks away from Christmas Eve and I've been very lucky to receive a couple of envelopes out of the blue from fellow bloggers.  Spoiled rotten I am.  


While not actively collecting Blue Jays from modern sets, I would never sneer at a couple that were sent my way from Kenny, who has been good to me over the years.

Not on purpose, I've obtained a few Vlad Guerrero Jr. cards to start a mini collection.  I think the total is up to 8 now, likely to never grow from purchases but I hope to maybe trade for some down the road if I ever decide to turn VGJR into another collection.

Thank you Kenny!

Poor cropping for sure

While Kenny's cards came in the standard PWE, this trio of cards came in an actual Christmas card from Chris The Collector.  No household names here, save maybe Russ Grimm from the famed "Hogs" offensive line from the 80's, but these 3 cards filled some want list spaces.

The 84-85 set is starting to come along nicely, I'm just over 2/3 complete again.  The '86 Topps FB set is also moving kind of quickly, having only started this recently I'm about 1/3 done with the set.   I've already bindered the hockey and can't wait to see what the FB set will look like in pages.

Thank you Chris!

I actually just sent out a couple of Xmas envelopes today, finally, as my back has been in spasms for the past 3 days.  It knocks me out every so often and it seems to get worse as I get older.    Ugh.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert


1 comment:

  1. Hope your back feels better soon. I messed mine up the day after Thanksgiving... and it's still a little tender. Like you wrote... it happens ever so often and seems to get worse as I get older.

    ReplyDelete