Friday, November 6, 2020

TCDB Trade week #3: althib

Finishing off the trade week with another repeat trade partner, J.F. (TCDB ID: althib).  J.F. reminded me why I enjoy trading with my brethren to the north.

I get hockey.   Lots of hockey.

I sent J.F. some early to mid 80's Topps baseball commons + an early 90's Gretzky Score card, and in return I got some PC help, and the start of a couple more OPC sets.


The Keith Tkachuk PC is starting to grow nicely.  Part of the reason is that I took time a few weeks ago to add a bunch of cards to the want list.  These 5 bring the total up to 179, and what's nice is I still have a lot of base card needs for the PC.  Shouldn't be too hard building it up more without breaking the bank.


I don't know what happened for these two releases, but I could title a post for each of them "the dead zone".  Both 2010-11 (Top two rows) and 2016-17 (bottom row) I am virtually starting from scratch on both of the sets.  I must have went on hiatus or what I don't know, but both of these sets were virtually non-existent when I added them to my TCDB OPC want list.  Needless to say, I need hundreds of cards for both of these sets, so if any of you hockey collectors have any doubles lying around, just hit me up.

Thank you for the trade J.F., the cards are really appreciated!  Look forward to the next one...

Enjoy the hobby.

Robert


3 comments:

  1. It's good to know there are lots of hockey card collectors on TCDB. I really need tom expand my tradelist so I can acquire more hockey cards. Most of my traders are baseball and basketball.

    I didn't buy any 2010-11 OPC and only a couple packs of 2016-17 OPC. I wish I'd bought more, I like that set a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are quite a few above the border, but surprisingly quite a few in the states as well. Wbaker01 is a good one, DukeyDevil as well. Both great traders

      Delete
  2. Haven't really focused on hockey in a long time (except for my Sharks), but there was a time when I was building a Tkachuk collection. I probably sold off 80% of it in 2001... but I think I kept a few of my favorites. Maybe when he gets inducted into the HOF one day, I'll dig them out.

    ReplyDelete