Sunday, November 22, 2020

2 out of the next 10

This time of year just wipes me out as I get older.   The pressure at work increases each year and the time I have for my beloved hobby (and blog) just seems to decrease.

For example, today was the only day off I had this past week and I decided to spend a good chunk of the morning putting a couple of vintage sets in binders ('69 T baseball and 84-85 OPC), then get a couple of my nearly completed Allen & Ginter sets into boxes that actually fit the set properly (500 count BCW boxes if you're wondering).

While putting a bunch of cards that have been on my desk away, I realized that I had completed 2 sets from my recent Sportlots order and hadn't written a post about the 2nd one.  

The 2012-13 In The Game Between the Pipes set is one that I bought a box of way back many years ago at the Hockey Expo just outside of Toronto, then promptly let it sit in box of cards for years.  With the new found desire to finish sets, this one wound up in the crosshairs and the final 31 were part of the Sportlots order.  





Nothing but goalies in this set.   Love it.   You get some pre rookie cards such as Garrett Sparks, Zach Fucale, Laurent Brossoit and Tristian Jarry .  Then you hit subsets like Stars of the Game, the Decades subset which I really like, Record Breakers and then International Stars.  ITG didn't have a NHL logo license so choosing photos such as Michel Dion and Corey Crawford had to be tough to change what was on the mask, even slightly to avoid infringing on trademarks.

Good to get this one out of the way quickly.  I have 2 other sets that are less than 10 cards from completion now, so hopefully if I get some time next weekend I can get those finished and move forward.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment