Thursday, November 5, 2020

TCDB Trade Week #3: rl16

Fellow blogger Ray (TCDB ID:rl16) approached one day under the guise that we share a common birthday.  We do, so it really wasn't a guise, but he decided that we had enough on each other's want list that a trade was in order.  

I can honestly say that this trade was more than well worth it on my end.


 Continuing on with yesterday's theme of Allen & Ginter, this trade starts off with a trio more cards from the '19 A&G set, all household names for sure.


2 player collection cards, both of which taught me something.  The Andrew McCutchen is a red bordered card, so I know now that brown is the new red.  The Jim Thome isn't the old Pinnacle, it's a new Pinnacle card.  Even though I'm a year older as of last week, I learned something new.


Ray also included a trio of Serial #'d/99 cards.  He asked if they needed to be stars; no is the quick and easy answer to that.  Just looking to add cards that are serial #'d to 99, and the more names I can add, the better.  These are all new names to the list and the PC is at 78 cards.  

Finally, Ray asked if I'm still collecting T.Y. Hilton.  Even though I really haven't got a whole lot of cards in lately, I said that I'm definitely interested in anything Hilton related (not the hotel).  Boy was I floored when I received this...



Ray said he had received this autograph of T.Y. Hilton before a minor league baseball game last year (assuming it was the Indianapolis Indians), and had it sitting in his room.  He believed it belonged in the hands of a fan, and I can say that I'm very grateful that he sent it my way.  I will have this framed and hanging in my office in the near future.


Thank you Ray for the cards and the autograph, they really are appreciated!!

Enjoy the hobby.

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Cool Hilton! Glad to see so many TCDB trades for you. Mine have slowed, although I did two this past week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ebbs and flows for me. I was at 10 on the go before I went on vacation, then dropped and haven't had any in the past week.

      Delete
  2. Glad you liked it. I am sure it will look great in your man cave.

    ReplyDelete