Monday, March 16, 2020

Trade Week: Sandd0522

Another pre-posted trade for Trade Week today, this time with Steve.  I believe this is the 2nd time I've traded with Steve, both times the trade has gone off really smooth.   I sent Steve 4 Mets cards from the 2016 Gypsy Queen set, including the Michael Conforto RC.  

This is the first trade for me in which I've received cards from the 2020 flagship set, and similar to yesterday's post, I have a full page of cards to show...


I really haven't sat down and decided to write any thoughts about the set this year, so here's my opportunity.   I don't mind it.  So far what I've seen is good, but the feel I get is more of a Bowman kind of look, sort of "Bowmanesque" for lack of a better word.

I like that the old school Milwaukee Brewers logo is being used.  I like that the "bars" with the player's first name and the team name are in the team colors.  The back seems fine; I'm glad that it doesn't contain the players twitter name because I thought that was a little unnecessary even though it fits with the modern social media needs of a lot of fans.

I bought a blaster and maybe 6-7 rack packs of cards, and called it a day for Series 1.  I'm a little over 2/3 of the way complete, needing just over 100 cards to finish off the first half of the set.  I'll trade for the rest of those and probably collect series 2 to go along with it.  It will be the first time I finish the set by hand since 2017, and I'm ok with that.

Thanks for the trade Steve, the cards are appreciated!!

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

1 comment: