Thursday, March 12, 2020

Strike while the iron is hot

Haven't posted for a few days, but it's time to get a couple of posts in before I head out for a week (hopefully) of relaxation with some family.

First, have to say it's a crying shame what's going on with this corona virus and how it has affected the sports world over the past couple of days.  I get what's going on and that people want to protect themselves, but we've survived Zika, Ebola and a whole host of other viruses that have come our way in the past couple of decades, so I have no doubt that the brilliant minds out there that handle medicine will come up with a way to control/cure this current strain.  For me, patience is key, and if you know me at all, that's one virtue that I usually lack....

Now back to what everyone comes by for, I just finished a trade with TCDB compatriot Paul (TCDB ID: pjdionne) who was very generous with me, and sent a page worth of cards from sets from the past 3 years.


The Green GQ set build from last year is still going, and these 3 cards bring me just past the 75% mark.  13 of the remaining cards are RC's (surprised there are that many), so it might take me a bit of time to hunt them down, but I believe that the Green set will not take me forever like some other parallel sets I've worked on it the past.


I've tried to strike while the iron is hot and go after the '85 inserts from this years Topps set.  I've made a few trades already for them, most of the 1-4 card variety, but that's OK because it's always about the thrill of the chase, right?  5 more A&G's from 2017 round out the package, including the Warren Spahn SP.  '17 A&G is just over 50% done but that's not a big deal since I'm already 3 years late to the party.

Thank you for the cards Paul, they are appreciated!!

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. Paul is good people... hopefully he'll get back to blogging again sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete