Tuesday, March 3, 2020

2 by 2

It's been a pattern lately.  Trades, or generous offerings, coming in PWE's that contain just 2 cards.  People say size matters, and it does to some, but you know what, sometimes smaller offerings can make a difference as well.

Two cards, from two different bloggers, via two different methods of communication.  Too much!!


Another quick trade with Colbey from the Cardboard Collections blog netted me a pair of the 1985 Topps inserts from this year's set.  Try not to ugh too loudly, but after a failed attempt to chase the 1984 inserts from last year (failed meaning never got started after I said I would), I've put up a want list for the '85s on TCDB.

Yes, it is adding more to the already bloated amount of cards that I want, but I've been so happy with the number of sets I've knocked off so far this year, that I decided to add something a little frivolous.

Scanner skills quickly improving!!

My man Jon from the Penny Sleeves blog sent me a message on Twitter asking if I needed the T.Y. Hilton barber pole parallel from 2015 Prizm.  Of course I needed it, I still only have about 60 cards for Hilton, so Jon said he'd find something else and send it off to me.

Little did I know, Jeremy Lin #'d to 99 on the left of the scan would be the mate in the envelope.  The 14-15 Artist Proof from Hoops becomes the 39th card in the #'d to 99 PC, much better than I ever thought I'd do so soon.

Colbey and Jon, thank you both very much for the cards, they really are appreciated!

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

1 comment:

  1. It's probably only a me thing, but every time I see cards with those "35" stamps, I automatically think Buybacks.

    ReplyDelete