Thursday, March 19, 2020

Trade Week: CardsThatTimeForgot

One of the more interesting screen names I've come across on TCDB is Jim's CardsThatTimeForgot.  In addition, Jim is probably the friendliest person I've come across when it comes to trading for the first time on the site, sending a 4 line intro/trade proposal/I was down in Florida not too long ago to me as part of the trade.  I thought it was awesome, and it made me wonder how many people on the site are really nervous about approaching new trade partners.

Jim knocked off 33 cards from my dwindling 2020 Topps want list, and they got here quickly.



Love the 70's retro Pirates duds.

Oven mitt on Gurriel, just in case he has to take a cake out of the oven

One good thing about cards with no borders?  Don't have to worry about scanning them and cutting off part of the card!!  Honestly, I'm pretty confident now with the scanner/new computer combo, and it's been a breeze getting things scanned the past few weeks.

My favorite card so far from 2020 Topps?  The big hair of Lourdes Gurriel Jr. right at the bottom of the last scan.  Reminds me a bit of the hair that Bryce Harper showed off I think it was on this year's card as well (maybe last year, I'm not 100% sure).

My want list is quickly down into the 70's, and I'm hoping that I can get the set done by the end of April so I don't have to worry about it when Series 2 rolls around.

Thank you for the cards Jim, they are appreciated!

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. From what I've heard, it seems like there are a number of people on the site who have less than ideal reputations when it comes to trading, yet they're still allowed to do so. If this is true, I can see why some folks might be apprehensive about trading with people that they haven't done so with in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2020 Topps features some nice photography... but I still haven't made my final decision on the overall card design.

    ReplyDelete