Monday, March 2, 2020

3 down, 7 to go

Part of the COMC order that I've talked about for a couple of days was the final 14 cards from the 1983 Topps baseball set.  This falls inline with my first of the year post which defined the order of my set completions for 2020.

I started putting the cards away before realizing that I needed to write this post, so I took a half dozen of the cards that were still out and gave them a quick scan...


Not too bad a group of 6 cards, wouldn't you say?   As with most of the sets that I have that are close to the finish, most of the remaining cards are of the star variety.  All Stars in 3 cases here.

Now that '83 is complete, the next two sets in order are also very close to completion.   Both of them were also part of this COMC order.


More stars as part of the '79 final countdown, as I bought a dozen of these.  I'm finally down to just one card to finish up this set, and that's the Ozzie Smith RC.  By the time this posts, I may have already bought it, depending on whether I can find one online for a good price.  I don't want to have to wait until the monthly card show in 2 weeks to finish this off.

Once I get Ozzie bought, I'll go after the final two cards of....


2012-13 O-Pee-Chee hockey.  I've been trying to knock down the want lists of the remaining sets in the list of 10 while finishing the sets at the top.  These 4 SPs leave me with just 2 to go, both of them fairly inexpensive so once I complete the next order on COMC, I'll have 5 out of the 10 completed.

Two months into 2020, I'm very happy with how I've progressed so far.  Staying on course has always been difficult for me, as I just end up finding so many distractions.

We'll see what happens when it's '73 Topps' turn to be finished...

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting through, almost, 5 of the 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You are knocking down these sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best set of the '80s.

    It was one of the first sets that I completed upon becoming a blogger. Can't say which '83 card was the last to complete it because someone sent me the final 58 all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with NO... 1983 is the best set of the 80's. There was a time when the Rickey base card was a Top 10 card in my collection.

    ReplyDelete