Saturday, March 14, 2020

Serial Saturday #33: Poaching

I was going through some of my various boxes of cards and started digging through the Blue Jays collection that I have.  I came upon a couple of cards that fit the #'d/99 collection and decided to poach one collection for another.


The Brett Lawrie rookie throwback refractor goes all the way back to the 2011 Bowman Chrome set, and comes out of the Lawrie collection that I've had for a while...


A little hard to see on the scan, but it's #'d 53/99 and features his stats with Huntsville, which was part of the Milwaukee organization at that time.  Huntsville, AL was the Brewers AA affiliate from 1999-2014, then moved to Biloxi, MS.



Next up I grabbed this 2014 Topps Tribute blue parallel of R.A. Dickey.  I never noticed the diamonds in the background before, but they came out quite nicely on the scan.

The Lawrie and Dickey are cards #40 and 41 in this little collection, which is coming along quite nicely.  I just finished a trade with Gavin that is going to net me a few more.  I honestly thought when I started this project that I'd be limited to hunting these cards down on COMC or at shows.  It amazes me that this will be the 2nd blogger that has sent me cards for this little side collection, and just reinforces my belief that the card blogger community that I'm so thankful to be a part of is incredible.
I have posts automatically set up for the next week while I'm on vacation (at least as of this writing I hope to still be going), so enjoy the trades that have come in for me for the next 7 days.

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. I love finding stuff that I've had for while and being able to use it in another collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious... Did you officially move these two cards from your Jays PC into the collection of serial numbered cards... or was this a metaphorical poaching? Or does the serial numbered collection now rank higher than your Jays PC?

    ReplyDelete