Friday, March 20, 2020

Trade Week: Golfslocum

This is the first pre-post that I've written after all the professional sports leagues have cancelled/postponed their seasons, so I hope that this week's posts have at least given you a moment or two away from the insanity that is going on right now.

I also hope that you and your families are doing well and not stricken down by the virus.  Praying for you all...

OK, onto cards.  I have found another Robert on the TCDB site, and we've already completed 3 trades, this one being the 2nd.  Robert is quite easy going and great to deal with, and this trade netted me 5 cards for some Turkey Reds.


I love the Gallery cards, and while I'm not chasing the set, I'll take any of them that fit into my PC's.  Cutch's card looks great, and the detail is wonderful.   If anyone has the wood bordered version of this, I'd love to have it so please drop me a line.

The Ichiro on the left is the 2nd card I have of him that features the '65T design (the other coincidentally is a Gallery SP), and is from this year's Topps flagship release.   Yes, Ichiro played for the Yankees and Marlins, both neither uniform suits him more than the Mariners.


I haven't kept an accurate tally so far, and I'm writing this before I'll decide to look on the TCDB site, but I believe I'm in the teens now for the '85 Topps inserts from this years set.  Glad to get 3 more big names off the list, although I imagine that the entire list will probably be big names (I haven't taken a good look at it as of yet).  I'm going to try and get a want list up on the blog sometime while I'm away so maybe someone will spot something extra they have and let me know.  

Thank you for the trade(s) Robert, the cards are always appreciated!  Looking forward to the next one.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. That Chapman is cool! I've avoided any illness (knock on wood) since the county locked down the schools, but I'm getting a little stir-crazy. Hope you and your family are hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice if all future Ichiro cards would show him as a Mariner, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

    ReplyDelete