Saturday, February 29, 2020

Serial Saturday #32: Shameless

I usually don't make it a point of writing to companies customer service departments.  More often than not, you get the stock email back.  You know the one "we're working to fix your problem, there's nothing else you can do at this point".  No kidding right?  People are looking for you to do something to fix it, and fix it quick.

Well, I actually wrote to COMC's customer service this week.  Kind of shameless really, as I wanted my cards that the site said would be shipped on the 21st.  Tuesday was the 25th, and no notice from them that the cards had shipped, so I fired off a quick email.  I actually received a fairly quick response a few hours later.   COMC stated that they had received an unusually high number of shipment requests, and were backlogged.   OK, fair enough I thought.

Later on Tuesday, my order was boxed up (more on that tomorrow) and yesterday my cards were in hand!

This was a small order for me, just over 50 cards, and only 5 of them met my serial #'d needs.  All 5  were for various player collections.

I'm up to 6 out of my 500+ Jim Thome card collection from the Moments and Milestones set.


I truly do have mixed emotions about the Moments and Milestones cards from 2008.  They fit my serial #'d wants yes, but there's so many of them (I think there's over 450 for Thome alone) and multiple colors that it's a daunting task to go after them.  So, I'll end up just maybe grabbing one here and there to scratch the itch.


The T.Y. Hilton collection is really still in its infancy, with only 59 cards in hand before adding these 2.  The orange die cut from Prizm on the left is one that I especially liked.  I bought a couple of packs of Donruss football back in 2016, and liked the design that's featured on the right, but never did chase the set.  Smart...too much going on around here.


Most of my serial #'d cards that have come in over the past couple of months have been Panini parallels, so picking up a Topps product is a nice change. The Museum Collection card on the left I believe is the first one that I own, and the Sapphire Blue parallel looks very nice in hand.  I decided to check and see if he was gong to be ready by Opening Day, but this report says that he's likely to start the season on the IL.

Yes, in the end my request to have my cards might have been shameless, but I learned that sometimes you just have to grease the squeaky wheel in order for something to happen.

Enjoy the hobby!!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. I'll be requesting possibly my final COMC shipment (no plans to add new funds to my account) in the next few days. I wonder if it'll be delayed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that some people have done so, but I couldn't imagine collecting an entire run of those Moments & Milestones.

    ReplyDelete