Monday, February 10, 2020

Some goodies from the monthly card show

Spent $50 at the monthly card show this past weekend, the most I've spent in quite some time.  I got some goodies for myself, and a few cards for my buddy Chris to help with his '83 Topps FB set build.  Some of the cards that I found this weekend were quite surprising to find down here in S. Florida, especially the hockey.


This wasn't in line with anything that I was working on, or hoping to find this weekend, but when I saw this in a dollar box, numbered 2 out of 10 from the '02 Chicago National, well there was no way that this Mask card of Ed Belfour wasn't finding it's way into my pile.  Love it!!


I could probably count on one hand the number of Keith Tkachuk cards I've found at the show over the past couple of years, and still have fingers left over.  This Pacific Paramount Special Delivery die cut insert is something I'd never seen before so I was more than happy to add it to the pile, along with this next card...


97-98 Donruss Preferred gold!  Another card never before seen by these eyes, so this was also a great find.  I was quite happy with these and a few others I found in the dollar boxes, such as these two Patrik Laine cards,


Rookie card and the retro variation for a dollar apiece is a bargain I couldn't leave at the show.


This turned out to be another Ichiro show; I grabbed a dozen more Ichiro's out of the dollar box, including these two serial #'d cards.  As you can see, I'm still working out the kinks of scanning with the new software.

I even grabbed a couple of serial #'d cards for some trade bait...


I've managed to pick up more Clayton Kershaw cards on the cheap at this card show than any of my own PC's.  Love how the Prizm scanned!

But the big two pickups for me were not in the dollar boxes.

For $5, I found this Larry Fitzgerald card #'d to 25


Believe it or not, that's the orange parallel.  Scans more red though, don't you think?  No matter the scan result, $5 was a good price from where I stood for a card #'d 3/25.

Last up, one of the few remaining cards for the '79 Topps set.  


Nolan cost me $8, not too bad.  The back is a bit off center, but for less than a sawbuck, I was happy to have this card finally in hand.  Down to just 3 cards needed to finish this one off.  Ozzie Smith, Pete Rose and Lou Brock are all I need to pick up.  Once that's done, we're on to 2012-13 OPC in keeping in line with the set completion order that I laid out for myself at the beginning of 2020.  

I wasn't too sure originally about finishing the 10 sets, but the way things have progress over the first 5 weeks of this year, I'm a lot more positive about finishing them all.

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Henry from Cardboard Greats is collecting the 2019 Prizm baseball parallels, so you might want to see if he's interested in that Kershaw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That Belfour Mask card was a nice find. I like those 90's Tkachuks even more. Cool show pickups.

    ReplyDelete