Tuesday, February 11, 2020

On a trade roll

Now that I'm somewhat working out the kinks on the new computer, the scans are coming a lot easier since the scanner isn't losing the wireless connection to the computer so easily.  Less frustration equals a happier blogger, and a happier blogger starts to churn out more posts, even if they are fluff about what he's received lately.

This post fits that bill, as I've decided to show off a couple of more small trades that came in at the end of last week.  First up is new trade partner TJ (TCDB ID: Bldrprof) who sent me a few player collection needs.



Both trades feature a trio of McCutchen cards.  All of them base cards, which has me scratching my head wondering why I don't have them already.  But then I take a look at the collection, which is just over 200 cards, and I see that there's a lot of opportunity for more base cards to come in.

The Pirates Mateys card also makes me long for the Pirates from 4-5 years ago, with a lot of talent and competitive in the NL Central, not the current version that is stripped to the bone and probably has the lowest payroll in baseball.  It is a shame.

Love the Longball Legends card of Jim Thome; I learned that there's a statue at the point where the 511 ft. homer landed outside of Progressive Field in Cleveland.  One of these days I'll have to get there to see a game.


More base cards from 2012 and 2013, thanks to another new trade partner Barry (TCDB ID: CoachBarry).  I shipped off some GQ inserts from 2012 to Barry, and 3 more Cutch cards came my way, including the A&G SP on the right.

2020 is off to a great start, as I've already completed 17 trades, with 10 more in the mail, and a couple of other offers on the go.  Most of the trades so far have been smaller, but I've been adding a lot of great cards to my player collections, so the numbers on those are really starting to climb.  Best of all, I'm moving out a lot of inserts that don't fit in my collection and getting them to collectors who really want them.

Win win!

Enjoy the hobby!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. Your 2020 trade total is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pouring salt in my all of my Pirates wounds 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Pirates myself. Want them to win. Just don't like what they're doing with the club. It is a shame

      Delete